× Members

ESA Support Group but need advice

More
7 years 7 months ago #169137 by angie1707
ESA Support Group but need advice was created by angie1707
Hi everyone, I had a good result the other day. I'm now on ESA Support Group after the paper based tribunal. I was on WRAG for a long time but decided to appeal. I also claim PIP. I need to inform the DWP of a future change in circumstance as I want to move in with my boyfriend pretty soon, in October in actual fact. It is a completely different area to where I have lived all my life with my mum. What will happen to my benefits? The tribunal result said i should be on ESA for 24 months without being reassessed but will this change once i declare a change in circumstances? Will my PIP be affected too? They said from the tribunal the other day I shouldn't be reassessed until 24 months are up. He supports me and helps me. He is a carer for his mum and is on carer allowance. My issues are still the same. I have autism and social anxiety Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169202 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support Group but need advice
Angie

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

When you move in with your boyfriend;

Your PIP will not be affected as it is not a means tested benefit.

Your ESA may be affected, depending on the type of ESA you receive. If you only receive Contribution Based ESA, then it will not be an issue.

If you receive Income Related ESA is part or in total then it will be affected by your boyfriend living with you, especially if he works or has savings as the DWP will look at your combined income and savings and any hours that he works this will include his Carers Allowance.

Either get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can calculate your income after you move in together or put your information in to one the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angie1707

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.