× Members

PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL

More
7 years 7 months ago #169187 by Daz
PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL was created by Daz
Hi there,

I am hoping you guys can help.

PIP TRIBUNAL

I applied for PIP way back in March 2016 and although I was awarded 4 points in both categories, it clearly wasn't enough. I appealed, and to cut a long story short, it's going to Tribunal next week. I am so scared.

I have Mental Health (severe Anxiety / Panic Attacks and Depression) to the degree I don't answer the phone, answer the door - and when a passenger in a car, i have often fled in panic and didn't care that I have got lost.

I am still going through diagnosis with the hospital psychiatric team and I have a copy of the letter my community psychiatric nurse wrote referring me back explaining my condition and her views.

The thought of the Tribunal is scaring me. Fake smiles is what I seem to be good at, but then Will I be believed?

ESA MEDICAL

5 months later and still awaiting a medical yes just received a letter from the Job Centre for an appointment that I MUST attend to review my benefits and also an additional appointment on the same day to prepare me for work in the future. Hang on, I haven't even had a medical yet? Do I have to attend...? I don't want to put myself under any unnecessary stress?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Worried Daz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169246 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL
Daz

The Tribunal Service is independent from the DWP and they will look at your claim from scratch. They take a much more balanced view of the evidence that is available, in particular they will treat the assessment report as the primary evidence that they will consider.

They are only interested in whether you meet the criteria for an award, so expect robust questioning in regard to this, it might help if you have a look at the PIP Claim guide to make sure you are familiar with the criteria to score points.

As to your ESA, it is possible that a Decision has been made without the need for you to attend, you need to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim to find out.

With regard the benefit review, see the following.

Interviews at JC+ when in Support Group

The second appointment appears to be a Work Focussed Interview, which implies you have been placed in the WRAG, the advisor will have no knowledge of your limitations, if your attending would cause you problems, then ask if the WFI can be held over the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169296 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL
hi daz,
ime also waiting to go to appeal for pip ,,and like you am terrified at the thought of having to attend as i suffer severe mental health problem like yourself ,plus ive been agropobic for the past 5yrs nearly ,, there not much advice i cn give you but ,as scary as it is going to be just be yourself and be honest ,,there not there to judge you ,,they are there to to make sure your case is looked at fairly and you get the award to which you should be entitled too,. realy hope it goes possitive for you and be great if you could let me know as ime still waiting for a date to come through ,its been since feb since first applying for pip for me ,,this year has been nothing but stress with all of this ,,, wish you all the luck ,,.
alison,

More
7 years 7 months ago #169385 by Daz
Replied by Daz on topic PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL
Thanks Gordon for your help.

In terms of the appointment for a Work Focused Interview, I spoke to the Job Centre today and this one is voluntary until I have my ESA Medical, so it looks like I still have that to look forward too. They start the Work Focused Interviews before medicals incase you are placed in that group, so you get used to them! It sounds a bit of a cheek really!

Thanks for all your help.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169386 by Daz
Replied by Daz on topic PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL
Hi there Alison,

I will let you know how I get on at the PIP Tribunal. I have been in touch with the Citizens Advice Bureau too. I still don't think Mental Health is looked at in the right way because they don't see anything physical but fingers crossed. I have my psychiatric appointment a couple of days before so that might help. Part of me was going to not go for the tribunal but reapply in 3 months but then thought, NO, why should I...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #169434 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP TRIBUNAL / ESA MEDICAL
hi daz ,
good for you ,glad your going for appeal, it a long tough process that why i decided to go for appeal as got this far ,,dont think ile bother putting in for it again f i fail in the appeal its just to stressfull and has made my anxiety much worse if honest,, totaly agree with you about the mental health side of things as people look at you and dont see disabilities so think your ok , i did find a welfare rights person that said they would look at my case ,but unfortunately the person is on long term sick now and there isnt anyone else in my area that does appeals ,so ime going it alone now ,, be relieved when it all over with ime hoping it will be before the end of this year as waiting for this date to arrive seems like forever ,
good luck in C,A B ,, hope it goes good for you ,
alison,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.