× Members

House Move

More
7 years 7 months ago #169220 by Dolly
House Move was created by Dolly
I have just moved house to be nearer to my family after a big health scare last year. I,m 68 and have severe Osteoporosis which was undetected until I had several collapsed discs. I am on the higher motabiliy band as indefinite but have received notice to apply for PIP, this was preempted I,m sure by my move to another County. As you can imagine it is enormously difficult to move at my age even when your fit and the last thing I needed was the big brown envelope.
I was in the process of registering with my new Doctor which in itself is now a 5 page form including proof of Identity Etc and couldn't see him until fully enrolled. I tried calling my previous Dr for a letter of evidence from him as he has cared for me for years only to be told this was impossible as I was no longer Registered with him. So now I have no evidence or confirmation of my illness or how it affects me. has anyone else encountered this problem. Dolly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169262 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic House Move
Dolly

You can access you medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

However this will be dependant on these being forwarded in a reasonable timescale.

Other than this the only other thing I can suggest is to speak to your new GP to see if they can help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169263 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic House Move
Dolly

You can access you medical records. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

However this will be dependant on these being forwarded in a reasonable timescale.

Other than this the only other thing I can suggest is to speak to your new GP to see if they can help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169276 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic House Move
These days many GP records are transferred instantly by email (NHS net), so your new GP might have a lot of your past history already, even if the hard copy of your file hasn't arrived yet.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.