× Members

Won appeal now DWP letter

More
7 years 7 months ago #169287 by jewel
Won appeal now DWP letter was created by jewel
Hello I attended appeal on my own after using your site to prepare detailed letter. I received no points for either component when assessed by capita. Tribunal panel said my statement was excellent and i also supplied extra gp information. I won appeal enhanced rate care and standard mobility panel said I just missed enhanced mobility. Today I received letter from DWP stating they want as statement of reasons from tribunal will this mean I won't get my award now so upset after all the effort and stress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169292 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Won appeal now DWP letter
Hi jewel,

DWP have to work under the same rules as the claimant with respect to Tribunal decisions. That is, an appeal can be made to the Upper Tier Tribunal only if an Error of Law can be found. This is not common but is not impossible either.

Requesting the Statement of Reasons is the first step and the request must be submitted within one month of the decision.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

Both parties will be sent a copy of the SoR, so you will know when DWP have received it (it can take several months to arrive).

Once the SoR has arrived, both parties then have a further month to request a further appeal if they believe they can demonstrate an Error of Law.

What is an Error of Law?

It is entirely possible that DWP will decide not to take this further once they have looked at the SoR. If they do take this further, I'm afraid it could be some months before you get your money :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.