× Members

PIP Reconsideration

More
7 years 7 months ago #169336 by Lilypops56
PIP Reconsideration was created by Lilypops56
Hi,I wonder if someone can give me some advice please,I had my letter saying I have been awarded PIP at standard rate for both parts,reading the report i disagree with the planning and following a journey and the moving around,i was awarded 10 points for the moving around part only.I have phoned DLA and explained that I wanted a reconsideration and also could l have the assessment report,I was told this would be sent to me in the next few days and she noted the phone call and said I would have one month to send a letter and any additional information.On Monday morning I I received a text saying:We've received your request to look at our recent PIP decision again.You don't need to contact us again as we're looking at this now.Do I still send my letter in or just wait there decision.Thanks. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169351 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Reconsideration
Hi Lilypops and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It sounds as if DWP have accepted your MR request. However, you still need to write and tell them how/why you believe you should have scored more points against the descriptors. As you are awaiting the assessor's report, you should write to DWP, confirm the MR request and tell them that you will send more information when you have seen the report. This should buy you an extra 28 days in which to get your reasons to them.

The MR process is explained in our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lilypops56

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.