× Members

WCA recorded and effect on outcome.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169339 by mel0366
WCA recorded and effect on outcome. was created by mel0366
Hi everyone

I was just wondering about the effect of having the WCA recorded on the outcome of the assessment. I know you strongly advise it and I know that it's the DM who makes the final decision and not the assessor.

Just curious really, I had mine recorded and the assessor (on the face of it) was very nice. I'm still waiting for outcome and his report but interested in other people's opinions on the subject. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA recorded and effect on outcome.

mel0 wrote: Hi everyone

I was just wondering about the effect of having the WCA recorded on the outcome of the assessment. I know you strongly advise it and I know that it's the DM who makes the final decision and not the assessor.

Just curious really, I had mine recorded and the assessor (on the face of it) was very nice. I'm still waiting for outcome and his report but interested in other people's opinions on the subject. Thank you

My impression from this forum and others, is that assessors that are professional and normally provide a competent assessment will do this whether they are recorded or not.

Assessors who are perhaps less professional may be influenced by the assessment being recorded.

Bad assessors will probably provide a poor assessment whether they are recorded or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mel0366

More
7 years 7 months ago #169397 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic WCA recorded and effect on outcome.
I have been to four Assessments in the last four years two with wife and two with my son.

Two recorded resulted in awards of ESA LCWCA to continue for wife and LCW for son.

The two not recorded both resulted in Nil Points both appealed Wife placed in Support Group

Due to anxiety problems son did not attend appeal and lost but I believe he had strong case for Error in Law but we decided that applying for UT would be too stress full.

The two unrecorded assessments were to put it simply a pack of lies. Wife made formal complaint to NMC about her WCA There were three nurses with the same name of the HCP on the NMC register, now there are only two!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.