× Members

So annoyed.. PIP teenager claim

More
7 years 7 months ago #169416 by Beverly
So annoyed.. PIP teenager claim was created by Beverly
So a few months ago I had a nice gentleman at my house making me appointee for my son. As my son was due to turn 16 and transfer to PIP he said to me that as soon as he hits 16 then I was to phone and start the process to transfer.

Well my son was 16 on Sunday and although his DLA claim wasn't actually due to run out for another 3 years I did as I was told. I phoned Monday and started the initial process after reading some of the guides on here about the telephone conversation etc. Well yesterday I had an extra payment that worried me, so I called today to enquire about it and I was told that they automatically do that because he is 16 but payments will carry on as normal every four weeks.

She also told me that I didn't need to claim PIP for him yet and that they are not actually inviting 16 year olds with an existing claim atm and I should have waited for a letter from them to claim. I could have gone without the stress of all this right now but as I had already phoned now I have to continue the claim or his DLA will stop... So tired of being told one thing from one person and another from someone else.

So anybody waiting to transfer for there 16 year old I would suggest waiting for the letter to actually claim rather than initiating it yourself..

B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.