× Members

Dla to pip muscular dystrophy affecting mobility

More
7 years 7 months ago #169433 by Naz86
Hi everyone

I have received my pip form to fill out.
I'm very scared as I have heard a lot of stories about people who have got awarded lower then they already wer on especially on mobility.
My condition is especially to do with mobility and I have just passed my driving have a Motability car which I am scared will be taken away from me.
This is the only hope I have had in a long time and felt abit of independence.

Can someone please help me fill the form and if anyone suffers from muscular dystrophy please get in touch thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169452 by Gordon
Naz

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I would start by reading our PIP Claim guide there is a large section that covers the requirements for Mobility.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naz86

More
7 years 7 months ago #169521 by Naz86
I have read the guide but still finding it very stressful and difficult to fill the form and explain

Can anyone help plz

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169540 by Gordon

Naz86 wrote: I have read the guide but still finding it very stressful and difficult to fill the form and explain

Can anyone help plz

We recommend a formulaic approach to answering the questions.

1. What is the health condition and what are the symptoms that cause you problems with standing and then moving around? For example, multiple sclerosis or CFS/ME.

2. Describe the problems you have, giving details, including the distance you can walk.

3. If you use any aids or appliances, list them and explain why you use them.

4. If you need physical help, supervision or prompting, whether you actually get it or not, explain what you need and why you need it, including if you need help when using aids or appliances.

5. Say when during the day or night you have problems. For example, is it all the time, mostly in the morning or just in the evening?

6. If your condition varies, from day to day or week to week, try to explain how much it varies and what problems you have when you are at your best, worst and average.

I am afraid we cannot fill in the form for you but we can help you understand the PIP criteria if you are having problems doing so.

What are you problems with mobility and how do they effect you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169570 by peggy2
Hi there some GP surgery`s now have a thing called C A B - GP Outreach scheme. Its where the local Citizens Advice advisor goes to the GP surgery during the week and patients can request a appointment to see them due to difficulties with the new benefit forms. Ask you GP surgery if they are part of that and if C A B go in during the week. If so you can request appointment and help. If your GP surgery is not involved in that scheme. Find your local CAB office and contact them directly, there you will receive help, advice and support to complete the PIP form.

The guides and step by step members guides are really helpful.

Good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.