× Members

help

More
7 years 7 months ago #169479 by mollymoo
help was created by mollymoo
i was awarded 8 points at my tribunal for not being able to cope with outher people and receved this letter today can someone tell me what to do ....
I am writing to tell you we have applied to hmc and tribunal services for a statement of the reasons for the decision made on the 14 sep as we wish to consider applying for permission to appeal against that decision.im sorry we wont be paying the benefit awarded by the first tier tribunal at the present time
we normally have one month to consider applying for permission to appeal the period of one month starts from when the first tier tribunals statement of reasons has been issued if we decide not to appeal we ll start paying your benefit straightaway and pay any money we owe you .if we apply for permission to appeal and it is not granted we will concider if we can start paying you benefit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169496 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic help
mollymoo

Like you the DWP have a further right of appeal if they believe that the Decision on your claim was reached in an improper manner, the first stage of this is for them to request a Statement of Reasons from the Judge of your hearing, typically this takes 1-2 months and you will receive a copy.

I'm afraid while this happens the DWP do not have to implement the Tribunal's Decision.

They cannot take the matter further simply because they disagree with the Decision only if there has been an Error of Law.

What is an Error of Law?

Just because they have asked for SoR does not mean that there is an Error and even if they think that there is, does not mean that a UTT judge will agree.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollymoo

More
7 years 7 months ago #169513 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic help
Hi mollymoo,

I don't have a statistic but I have often heard on this forum of the DWP applying for a statement of reasons (particularly for DLA/PIP appeals), but I've heard of far fewer cases where they actually challenge the decision at the upper tribunal.

I would try not to worry too much, if you can, whilst waiting for the statement of reasons.

Good luck,

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollymoo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.