× Members

ESA F2F AT AN ASSESSMENT CENTRE

More
7 years 7 months ago #169577 by pippers
ESA F2F AT AN ASSESSMENT CENTRE was created by pippers
Hi,

I have recently (2 weeks ago) received my PIP awards standard care and enhanced mobility, I have now got a letter asking me to attend a f2f for the re-assessment of my ESA, the problem I have is the distance that I would need to walk, from my car to the assessment centre , I contacted the receptionist and asked how the distance from the main door to the department at this very large hospital is, she says it is 200metres :ohmy:

As I have just had my award for mobility which the Assessor and DM confirmed I can only mobilise 1-20metres and I am unable to use a wheelchair, would not the PIP award be enough to entitle me a home visit without me having to contact and pay my GP for a letter.

Especially as PIP is 1-20 metres and ESA is 1-50 metres.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169587 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA F2F AT AN ASSESSMENT CENTRE
pippers

You can certainly use the PIP report, especially if it say less than 20mI'm not sure why it would mention a wheelchair as PIP does not test this, but if it does, all the better, but I think it unlikely that you will get them to offer a home assessment without your GP writing to them explain why you cannot attend at their offices. It might help to show your GP the PIP report so they know that it is not just your opinion as to your limitations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pippers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.