× Members

New PIP claim

More
7 years 7 months ago #169857 by nanniehelga
New PIP claim was created by nanniehelga
I'm currently on DLA middle and low rates , I've just applied for PIP , one of my questions is getting full housing benefit paid if u get middle or high care regardless iF people work or claim benefits in ur household . Before I got middle care rate I had to pay about £15 supplement for my disabled adult son a week , now I don't . Would I have to get the standard or the enhanced care rate to still qualify for full housing benefit
Thanks if u have a reply
Helen :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169872 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New PIP claim
Hi Helen,

I'm afraid we don't deal with housing benefit - but members might be able to comment from their own experience.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169911 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic New PIP claim

helen wrote: I'm currently on DLA middle and low rates , I've just applied for PIP , one of my questions is getting full housing benefit paid if u get middle or high care regardless iF people work or claim benefits in ur household . Before I got middle care rate I had to pay about £15 supplement for my disabled adult son a week , now I don't . Would I have to get the standard or the enhanced care rate to still qualify for full housing benefit
Thanks if u have a reply
Helen :S

The standard rate of PIP daily living carries with it the same advantages as the middle rate care component of DLA. This includes no non-dependent deduction being applied to your Housing Benefit (as is also the case when the enhanced rate of daily living is in payment).
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Fixed quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, nanniehelga

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris