× Members

Should I be calling for a PIP update?

More
7 years 5 months ago #171729 by annie
Your guides were invaluable when completing the PIP2 form. Thank you.

The PIP2 form was sent on 21 Sept by special delivery (so received the next day). I haven't heard anything since. Should I be making a call requesting an update? How much can they tell you?

Is the length of time that you have to wait longer if you are transferring from indefinite DLA to PIP?

It would be useful to know how long the wait has been for others who have also had to apply for PIP with indefinite DLA awards.

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #171741 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Should I be calling for a PIP update?
Hi Wendy,

Most members who have recently been through the PIP process report that this part of the claim is usually dealt with quite quickly, although there are variations. It does not make any difference whether it is a new claim or a transfer from DLA.

I would expect you to have hear something by now. There is no danger in contacting the assessment provider to see what is happening (this will be ATOS or Capita, depending on where you live).

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to keep all questions and comments relating to this PIP claim in one topic. This helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
7 years 5 months ago #171749 by annie
Replied by annie on topic Should I be calling for a PIP update?
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Should I contact ATOS rather than DWP for an update then? Or both?

Having read some horror stories on the forum re supporting evidence going missing ... would it best for me to check that the supporting evidence that was submitted with PIP2 (there was quite a lot) is with DWP and/or ATOS when I gave them a ring?

Thank you :)

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #171750 by slugsta
Hi Wendy,

The assessment provider will be able to tell you whether your file has been returned to DWP or is still sitting in a pile awaiting attention. Yes, you can ask about your supporting evidence at the same time - although I don't know how much information will be available to the call centre workers.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
7 years 5 months ago #171752 by annie
Replied by annie on topic Should I be calling for a PIP update?
If the file has been returned to DWP ... would that mean a decision has been made re assessment etc?

More
7 years 5 months ago #171754 by slugsta
If the file has been returned it would mean that the assessor has made a recommendation without needing a face2face appointment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.