× Members

ATOS - I am gobsmacked

More
7 years 6 months ago #172207 by Ang
ATOS - I am gobsmacked was created by Ang
I have been on DLA mobility higher rate lifetime award for 6 years, due to osteo arthritis and spondolosis, just about every where. I filled out my form, enclosed all my medicines and a very explicit letter from my GP. this was not enough and I went for a face to face.
my daughter came with me and drove me to the door where I waited for her then we went in and I sat down. then the nurse came and got me and we went into a room and I sat down. she had put a bin in front of my chair which I asked my daughter to move so I could sit proplerly. I had a tiny shoulder bag over my head and one arm with my debit card and puffer which stayed there the whole time as I cant use a handbag and my stick.
I had to keep moving around in seet as uncomfortable. although she had lots of evidence I offered some of my medical notes which my daughter had and she refused them stating there was enough evidence.
when it was time to leave, I was surprised she didnt make me go onto the couch. I was so relevied that it was over so quick that I said to her that I was very worried and hadnt slept and that she was really nice, she said "no need to worry about me" and then gave me a hug. I was a little shocked and left. we walked slowly to the door where I waited while my daughter got the car and helped me in. How many of you get a hug?

the shocker was today when I got a copy of her report and in the beginning she states that I need help in the kitchen and in that I need aids in the bathroom and getting dressed. when it gets to the end she says that I walked 30 metres to the car park, lies, and that I was able to sit in the chair and I was able to walk with my stick and carry a bag. I DIDNT TALE A BAG. she also said that she thinks I can walk 200 metres as I have not shown that I cant. She also refused the extra medical records.

I rang DWP and they have not made a decision yet and I told the lady everything and she said she will get the DM to call me. I also asked if they can make sure that she looks at my Doctors letter and my forms.
I am just shocked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172220 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS - I am gobsmacked
Hi Ang,

I'm afraid this is not uncommon :( All you can do now is wait for the decision - at the moment they are taking around 8 weeks after the face2face assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ang

More
7 years 6 months ago #172244 by Ang
Replied by Ang on topic ATOS - I am gobsmacked
What was the hug about? is this normal or inappropriate

More
7 years 6 months ago #172247 by Ang
Also is it a good ides to challenge the Medical report before the decision is made

thanks guys you rock

More
7 years 6 months ago #172272 by Ang
would it be a good idea to contest the HPs report before the decision is made by DWP

More
7 years 6 months ago #172275 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS - I am gobsmacked

Ang wrote: What was the hug about? is this normal or inappropriate

Do you mean the :(? That's a sad smiley.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris