× Members

Appeal and can they award Compensation or Costs

More
7 years 6 months ago #172265 by Chris77
Hello

I wondered if anyone could reply who has been awarded any compensation or costs back at PIPS APPEAL, such ss costs of medical reports or if you have legal advice whether you can got solicitors costs back ? Or did they award you a small amount of compensation ?

Very interested to hear of anyones experience especially if they asked for costs back if you used a solicitor for advice.

Also if Gordon or a moderator could answer the 2 questions, I would be very grateful, so I know where I stand.

THANKYOU

Carl
Now my case gets sent to Tribunal and the lengthy wait goes on. DO NOT GIVE UP !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172295 by Gordon
Cipolar

The role of the Tribunal Panel is to decide whether an award should be made or not, they cannot award costs or compensation as do not look at fault..

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris77

More
7 years 6 months ago #172301 by Chris77
Many Thanks Gordon

Thats just what I wanted to know and clears up my query.

Have also just seen on Sky News that the Government is making an announcement on Monday about reviewing the way disabled people are assessed.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.