× Members

ESA

More
7 years 6 months ago #172266 by Codas
ESA was created by Codas
Hi,
Can anyone help me please. My son has been given a sick note by his GP for three months. He is currently on job seekers. They want to put him on work placement when he returns but I doubt very much if he will be able to do this, he has already tried.
Can his GP keep him on the sick for longer or will he have to apply for ESA ?
He was taken off ESA a year ago having scored zero points.

At present we are helping him with PIP, again scored zero points.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172323 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
CD

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid his options are very limited.

He can only be excused from his JSA responsibilities for a maximum of 13 weeks in any 52 week period and his last ESA claim resulted in him being found Fit for Work then he can only make a new claim for ESA if he has a new condition or his existing conditions have deteriorated and he would now meet the criteria for an award.

Also, in order to make a claim for ESA he would have to close his JSA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.