× Members

PIP medical report

More
7 years 6 months ago #172284 by bunaki
PIP medical report was created by bunaki
Hi, I wonder if someone can help me. I found this post on a forum dated 2014 about the DWP using an ESA medical report b for a PIP assessment..

("It was one of the recommendations of the Select Committee Report on ESA Work Capability Assessments that reports and outcomes from ESA and PIP assessments be made available one to the other.

The government response that was released last week agrees that this should happen and it is to be more widely implemented from now on, so expect to see this happening more often.")
My question is: Is this still the same now and should the DWP use the most up to date information available to them when deciding if a face to face assessment is needed?
If you have a link to the current guidance it would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172330 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical report
Andrew

As far as I know the DWP have been using ESA and PIP reports to help them make Decisions on PIP and ESA claims since PIP was introduced in 2013. We haven't seen the reports used in a negative way as often happened with DLA and there are limited areas of crossover between the two benefits so it is not a certainty that a report would be used.

The reports cannot be used alone to make a Decision, so a PIP report would still need to be produced in order for a PIP Decision to be made even if a recently produced ESA report was available and vice versa.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bunaki

More
7 years 6 months ago #172368 by bunaki
Replied by bunaki on topic PIP medical report
Thanks Gordon I understand there are different descriptors for PIP/ESA.
MY concern was that I'm being called for a face to face assessment for ESA and I asked for a home visit. My reason for asking the question was that I had a PIP paper based assessment in 2015 because the health professional thought there was enough paper based evidence to form an opinion and in the report he outlines my condition in detail and says that the medical evidence provided backs up my PIP form submitted. I requested all the paperwork the ESA health professional used to decided a face to face assessment was needed and I received a report for Incapacity benefit dated 2008, so I believe they have a more up to date report available that they could use and just wanted to check if they were allowed to. Thanks again for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.