Can They refuse me because I drive

• WishPositivity
  • Topic Author
7 years 6 months ago #172306 by WishPositivity
Can They refuse me because I drive was created by WishPositivity
Hi all ,

I got 0 points for PIP
The nurse from capita lied
When I spoke to the decision maker he said the main reason for not awarding me was because I drive ,
I cut him off and said "I ONLY drive with my carer in the car and also ONLY to appointments , that I do not drive around all day
And he said "so you don't drive independently then , right I can get this looked at again for you"

He also mentioned they asked 2 DM to look at it for "re-work" on it
My assessment was in June and I only had my decision on Friday (conveniently just days before my PIP was due)

Will my carer receive the carers allowance this week ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172340 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can They refuse me because I drive
WishPositivity

Driving implies certain levels of capability in a claimant , but that does not mean that driving precludes a claimant from receiving PIP, there may be valid reason why they are able to do this and still meet the PIP criteria but they would certainly need to explain why there is not a contradiction.

From your posts this appears to be a reassessment of an existing PIP claim, as such the claim will normally stop from the date of the Decision. Carers Allowance is paid weekly in arrears so I would expect your carer to receive this week payment, on going payments will depend on what else they are claiming, the CA will stop but if they are receiving the Cares Premium then this will continue for 8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• WishPositivity
  • Topic Author
7 years 6 months ago #172391 by WishPositivity
Replied by WishPositivity on topic Can They refuse me because I drive
Hi

Gordon
Thanks , my carer didnt get his CA , I Recieved a letter this morning of ESA saying I'll also be losing £100 from my ESA from December 5th why that date I don't know ,

I went to see a dr today for pain in my side and was told I have to have blood tests and chest Xray after he did all that I then asked for a letter and he said "you will have to ask the reception about that"
You could clearly see he didn't want to know , when I went to reception they told me that they stopped doing "supporting evidence letters"
And that the DWP will have to ask your Dr themselves ,

So Im still in a daze as to how I could get supporting evidence to send in for my mandatory decision , they told me the last thing they have off my GP was dated 2013 ,

I told the DM why do u make us tick the box giving you permission to get information from our doctor he said it's up to the claimant I didn't even know this
Because before they would write to my gp

is there anyway I can possibly get a letter from my doctors surgery ?
Thanks in advance

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172408 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Can They refuse me because I drive
You can offer to pay for a letter from the GP - but many refuse anyway. Even worse, take your money and then produce a short statement that is of no help!

GPs are perfectly entitled to refuse, this sort of thing is not part of their contractual duties.

The only other thing I can suggest is to view your GP records and take copies of anything useful. There could be a charge for this.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172434 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Can They refuse me because I drive
Hi

all GPs have to provide online patient information and records, this has been so since 2014. You can request a password etc to access your records from reception, often by phone and they will send a letter out with details on how to do this.

Once you have the password etc you can view and print your own records which include notes the doc has made during your visits. The system even allows you to download them into a usable file.

The things that are missing are consultants letters i have found, however ref to them and outcomes is usually included if discussed or if appointments are requested for you to come in and discuss.

Hope this helps

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.