× Members

ESA Decision?? 3months Wait!!!

More
7 years 6 months ago #172309 by dropfog
ESA Decision?? 3months Wait!!! was created by dropfog
:S Hi, I was in support group in 2013, no medical. Then in 2016 I got the re claim form. It was filled in again. Waited a while. Got called for a medical which got cancelled. Got called again. Its been near on 13 weeks maybe more or less, and no word back!. Is this normal?
I'm praying I get support group again. I feel I didn't send enough supporting evidence at time as I was in a panic, but did have a letter off GP. Should I just wait? I'd rather not call them. Just asking as its Christmas on way and I'm dreading the letter landing on door step Xmas eve. Is no news good news.

Also can one still do a paper mandatory consideration by post, should they dispute outcome within 28days,? And if so do you get any money while waiting? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172342 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Decision?? 3months Wait!!!

bunnydrop wrote: :S Hi, I was in support group in 2013, no medical. Then in 2016 I got the re claim form. It was filled in again. Waited a while. Got called for a medical which got cancelled. Got called again. Its been near on 13 weeks maybe more or less, and no word back!. Is this normal?
I'm praying I get support group again. I feel I didn't send enough supporting evidence at time as I was in a panic, but did have a letter off GP. Should I just wait? I'd rather not call them. Just asking as its Christmas on way and I'm dreading the letter landing on door step Xmas eve. Is no news good news.

Also can one still do a paper mandatory consideration by post, should they dispute outcome within 28days,? And if so do you get any money while waiting? Many thanks.

It's not entirely clear from your post whether you have had an assessment yet?

If you are still waiting for a new appointment then you can chase Maximus for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

If an assessment has now been made and you are waiting for a Decision then you need to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, this can be done in writing. ESA Decision usually take 2-3 weeks so 13 weeks is a long time to wait, however, it is not impossible that a Decision has been made and you have not been notified.

We recommend requesting an MR in writing, even if you are able to phone them. Whether you are paid during the MR will depend on an award being made, so if you are placed in the WRAG and ask for an MR to place you back in the SG then you will continue to receive the WRAG rate, but if you are found Fit for Work then you will not be paid ESA although you can claim JSA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dropfog

More
7 years 6 months ago #172437 by dropfog
Replied by dropfog on topic ESA Decision?? 3months Wait!!!
Thanks so much Gordon. Yes I had assessment already. Perhaps as you say, the decisions been made already but I'm unaware. I will get it looked into after Xmas if I've not heard anything. Merry Christmas .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.