× Members

Assessment centre say they've not received medical

More
7 years 6 months ago #172328 by Montbel
Now been able to establish that my son who has Schizophrenia has already been in ESA Support group since May 2013. He hadn't realised this! So as previously cited, we had am ESA 50 form to fill, but didn't get the health professional part filled in. So after Asasessment letter arrived for medical, I found out that medical report needed. so went to Mental Health team to make report and send. This was done. It was faxed, they revieved receipt. One week later I finally get through to the assessment centre after continually dialling for most of the morning. They tell me that they have not received the faxed medical report, although the Mental Health Team received a receipt. They are sending again, BUT MAXIMUS ASSESSMENT next Tuesday. Also the Assessment Centre tell me they sent an E 113 to GP requesting information last Mayj, but Dr didn't return it. The Surgery say it definitely didn't arrive. Can I put off the interview with Adam until we can gather and make certain that all the medical information is available? In the meantime Adam is having a GP appointment re this tomorrow one week before interview. Hopefully he will also fax report. Is it too late4 to avoid an anterview? I have to say, it seems suspiious, not received fax, Assessment Centre they are not responsib le for the post re: non arrival of E113.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172353 by slugsta
Hi Montbel,

The claimant is allowed to change the appointment just once. Otherwise there is a high chance that the file will be returned to DWP and the claim closed.

If this is your son's first appointment ( for this reassessment ) you can gain some time by contacting the assessment provider and asking for a postponement.The next appointment is usually just 2-3 weeks ahead but that might give you enough time to get things sorted out.

If the AP is still adamant that your son needs a face2face assessment, at an assessment centre, then I'm afraid you should do everything you can to get him there for the second appointment!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.