× Members

PIP re-assesment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172365 by SL1612
PIP re-assesment was created by SL1612
My son was awarded pip in October 2015 to go until October 2017. He has today received a form for re-assessment which has sent him into a complete panic and now he is in a right state worrying himself sick that they will cut his benefits. He is just starting to make a little progress after his total breakdown in 2015 but I am now worried this is going to send him backwards . When he rang DWP about the form and that it was a year before it was due he was told they always send the form out a year in advance! Can anyone help re this and how best to deal with this form pkease. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172388 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP re-assesment
Hi SL1612,

Yes, I'm afraid that it is DWP practice to start the PIP reassessment a full year before the claim is due to end.

Your son should treat this form in the same way as he did the first one. It must be completed in detail and (copies of) any/all supporting documentation should be sent with it - even if DWP have already seen them.

The decision, when made, will come into effect immediately, it will not be postponed until the expected end date.

Don't forget to make good use of the PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. You probably remember that we prefer to keep all questions and comments relating to one claim in the same topic.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.