× Members

face to face housebound

More
7 years 6 months ago #172413 by capduncan
face to face housebound was created by capduncan
hi all my wife has ME/cfs and has been house bound for the last 12 months. she has been ill for 3 years.

how can i get atos to come to the house if they ask for a face to face meeting. we are sending in the pip forms this week and i am thinking about asking the doctor to write a covering letter to say she is to unwell to leav the house.

any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic face to face housebound

d12345 wrote: hi all my wife has ME/cfs and has been house bound for the last 12 months. she has been ill for 3 years.

how can i get atos to come to the house if they ask for a face to face meeting. we are sending in the pip forms this week and i am thinking about asking the doctor to write a covering letter to say she is to unwell to leav the house.

any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

You will need her GP to write to ATOS explaining why she cannot attend at their offices, even then ATOS may still refuse the request if they believe that she regularly attends at her GP practice or hospital.

Should this happen then you might want to involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172447 by capduncan
Replied by capduncan on topic face to face housebound
thanks i will speak to the gp this week

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.