× Members

BROWN ENVELOPE THROUGH THE LETTERBOX

More
7 years 5 months ago #172781 by Bmthguy
BROWN ENVELOPE THROUGH THE LETTERBOX was created by Bmthguy
......i can't begin to tell you just how grateful I am for all the helpful advice that B&W provide in their easy to read guides. I was awarded DLA for life back in 1998 and my car really is my only source of being able to get out of my flat. When the Government announced the change to PIP I froze as gradually 1 by 1 many people I knew in similar circumstances began to lose their benefits. I came across this site by chance and it was the best investment I made in purchasing the information.
I have lived under constant stress for the past few months from receiving the initial changeover form, seeking advice, going for an assessment and now getting the result through the letterbox this morning.
I am pleased to say I have been awarded enhanced rate for both care and mobility and I get to keep my motability car.
My advice for other claimants in similar positions is to spend lots and lots of time collecting as much evidence as you can from all sources - hospitals, doctors, social workers friends and family. I even paid to have copies of all my medical records so I could send relevant information with the completed form which incidentally took me over three days to complete properly - again put in as much detail as you can using the blank pages at the back. The assessment was carried out by a very sympathetic paramedic working for ATOS who was respectful, understanding and empathetic contrary to some of the comments I had read
But most impoprtantly follow the advice given in the guides this information was invaluable
THANK YOU so much to 'Benefits & Work'
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo, ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic BROWN ENVELOPE THROUGH THE LETTERBOX
Bmthguy

Brilliant, well done and thank you for your comments about the site.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172813 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic BROWN ENVELOPE THROUGH THE LETTERBOX
Well done good advice, at least you can rest for now. But don't think I'am being nosey but how long did they give your award for....

All the best

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173169 by Bmthguy
Replied by Bmthguy on topic BROWN ENVELOPE THROUGH THE LETTERBOX
3 years - and as my condition deterioates annually I dont foresee a problem in future (or if there is they have created precedent by this decision)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.