× Members

Rearrange PIP assessment or not?

More
7 years 5 months ago #172880 by Datz
Rearrange PIP assessment or not? was created by Datz
Hi,

First time posting so please bear with me.

I was invited to apply for PIP having had an indefinite DLA award for middle care and higher mobility including a Motability vehicle. Followed your guides etc. and filled in all the forms, then this morning received a letter for a face-to-face assessment on 17th.

My question is this, I have an appointment with a neurologist on 23rd who will be testing me for MS. Do I rearrange my assessment until after the appointment just in case there is extra information to tell them? Or go ahead and then go through having to give further information afterwards? The chances of my circumstances changing are reasonably high.

Absolutely terrified about the assessment and so anxious about the change to PIP (if awarded) that I can't sleep and can't think of anything else. My anxiety is through the roof after the letter today.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172909 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rearrange PIP assessment or not?
Datz

You can re-arrange the appointment if you want, but if you do then you must attend the new appointment wherever or whenever it is arranged for or you risk your claim being closed.

PIP looks at the limitations that result from your conditions rather than the conditions themselves, I am assuming that you have described these limitations in detail on the PIP2 you completed so unless these have changed then it would seem unlikely that your appointment will result in any evidence relevant to this.

Of course it's your decision what to do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173033 by Datz
Replied by Datz on topic Rearrange PIP assessment or not?
Thank you for your reply, which makes perfect sense. This process is so stressful and I'm finding it really difficult to cope. I just hope that I gave enough information in the right way to explain my difficulties.

Many thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.