× Members

what evidence to send

More
7 years 5 months ago #172925 by capduncan
what evidence to send was created by capduncan
Hi i am going to send in some evidence in with a pip cliam, we have quite a lot. should i send it all in with a covering letter or try to be selective. It about medical retirement and also note from the consultant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172948 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic what evidence to send
I suggest you have a look through your documents and select things that back up your diagnosis (if you have one) and also anything that you can link to the PIP descriptors. You should send in as much as you feel you need to support your claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: capduncan

More
7 years 5 months ago #172968 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic what evidence to send
Hi d

When you look through the documentation you have medical evidence, think of whether any of the evidence supports any of the prescript ors EXACTLY to get a tick box in the right one. As Mrs Hurtyback says you need evidence that relates to the prescript ors.
If its open to interoperation, you can still send it in BUT ! I would visit your GP with copies of the questions and the boxes, photocopy it and ask hm to write ealing with each prescriptor to fit each box. This means that the assessor and DWP will be more likely to put you in the correct box, something they should do but do not as the system is failing.
In other words getting something up to date dealing with the questions from a health professional will do a lot more to help your case.

Think of yourself in an imaginary court room, does the evidence prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you fit into that prescript or. OK VERY DRAMATIC but this is very stressful and it does not matter how ill you are, if this is not done they will unlikely pass your case at the first hurdle. If you do it will save you a lot of stress later. So just trying to make some lightness of a difficult situation.

It is worth downloading the guides, its worth joining i you have not. As it gives you the exact points for each prescript or and shows why its important to have evidence to deal with each question because the whole claim is based on that. Also its weighed against you
no matter how ill you are, you have to prove it. Sounds like from the evidence you already have and maybe something from your GP you would go through ok.

Good Luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: capduncan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.