× Members

Are there CRISIS Loans to last me to Tribunal

More
7 years 5 months ago #172995 by Chris77
Having had my total benefits cut from £11,000 to £6000 a year as DLA to PIPS took away.

Maybe Gordon or Mrs Hurtyback has some information on whether I can get a loan from the DWP to assist in the short term paying bills and buying food and immediate adjustment of huge drop in income.

I did try looking on the DWP website but the information related to when the coalition was in power. There are also lots of changes going through as the system is in crisis wondered where i could get access to the information ? Also how easy is it to get it if you have lost benefits or does it not cover that.

Thank You and Thank You to Gordon and Mrs Hurtyback for been able to help me through a very dark period, I am sure I speak for all on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #173004 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Are there CRISIS Loans to last me to Tribunal
I am afraid that crisis loans no longer exist. Local councils have been given the responsibility for helping people who have been hit by severe financial hardship.

A budgeting loan is available to some claimants. However, you will need to have been on an income-related benefit for at least 26 weeks in order to qualify.

I don't know this organisation but the information seems to be accurate -

hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/changes-...from-jobcentre-plus/

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris77

More
7 years 5 months ago #173028 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic Are there CRISIS Loans to last me to Tribunal
Thank You Mrs Hurtyback

It appears that all form of financial support is no longer available.

The site you mentioned had all the info I needed, so have ruled that out.

Today its a RARE HAPPY day, MY APPEAL has been sent to COURT with new Medical evidence. It just seems such a relief to get everything sent off and to take it OUT of the DWPs hands, I feel more in control. I also included photos of my lounge showing the 3 metres I walked which was used to make a decision I could walk 200 metres, which also will make the DWP loo fairly incompetent. Am assuming the court will also send the new medical evidence to the DWP I did tell them the DWP had not yet seen this, it was obtained for the Appeal.

Wish there was something I could do to put them under more pressure to change it straight away rather than having to wait for weeks. Its been a long journey and the last 3 months have been hell, but appreciate the help I have received from yourself and Gordon along with the many wonderful people on this site.

The undercover recordings on youtube of some of the assessors really opens your eyes and I believe the film by Ken Loach I AM DANIEL BLAKE will hope to bring about change. There are also interviews and trailer on youtube, its so accurate as to why so many of us rely on this wonderful site.

Thankyou

Cipolar

More
7 years 5 months ago #173039 by BenefitsBod
Replied by BenefitsBod on topic Are there CRISIS Loans to last me to Tribunal
Mrs Hurtyback: I'm guessing it's a long shot but are you (or anyone else at b & W) able to shed any light on whether the National Assistance Act would be of any help to those who can't manage following benefit reductions?

More
7 years 5 months ago #173053 by Gordon

Kevin wrote: Mrs Hurtyback: I'm guessing it's a long shot but are you (or anyone else at b & W) able to shed any light on whether the National Assistance Act would be of any help to those who can't manage following benefit reductions?

This is a catch all for those in serious need, for example the homeless, ultimately it would be applicable to former benefit recipients but from what I can see it is not aimed at those who have received a benefit reduction but still receive other benefits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, BenefitsBod, Chris77

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.