× Members

PIP questions

More
7 years 5 months ago #173061 by marnie
PIP questions was created by marnie
Well I've done the PIP2 form with help from a welfare advisor and your wonderful guides. It's gone to the DWP with a 4 page letter from my CPN and psychiatrist,a risk assessment,care plan,letter giving details of psychosis level,my diary and a copy of the ESA assessors report(I didn't have a medical for this). I also made it clear on the form of the problems I'd have with a medical whether someone was with me or not(would be unable to stop the aggression) and where it was held. I don't know what else they could possibly want and my mental health has deteriorated so much in the last few weeks there's no way I could cope.
How long does it take for Capita to get the form and letters from the DWP?
Do you think I may get a paper assessment? Is it worth quoting reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP questions
marnie

The Assessment Provider usually has the form within a couple of days.

It's impossible to say whether they will do a paper assessment of not, they have to be convinced that there is sufficient information in and with your PIP2 for them to be able to make a recommendation.

I'm afraid if you have mentioned aggressive behaviour in your PIP2 you are unlikely to be given a home assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

More
7 years 5 months ago #173109 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic PIP questions
Hi

our son had a home assessment. He has the same problems as you with a few tagged on. Even though you have provided lots of medical evidence perhaps you could get a letter from your doctor in advance so you are less stressed if they do want you to go to a centre for the F2F. Our son is incapable of controlling his reaction when in a serious state of panic and we made that clear and that he can be a risk to himself and others. We stated that he will have his dad with him. He got a home F2F which only lasted 30 minutes so we are hoping that is not bad. The assessor stated at the start that she would not take long given the mental health situation he was in, highly stressed and agitated.

Get that letter from the doc if you can to say you need a home or paper assessment, make sure you have support, preferably someone who can make the assessor feel safe and ask the doc to state you will be supported during the process, although I am sure you will be fine.

We have requested his report about 6 days ago now so will post to let you know how it went.

Claiming for the care you need if you have a mental illness is all very subjective and the system for appointments seems to be automatic without Atos reading the requests and medical info so do not worry if you get a centre. Get someone to call Atos for you while you are there to say you have a letter requesting home or paper, then get the letter off to them recorded delivery they will give you the correct address.

Cover all bases and you will be less worried :)

Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

More
7 years 5 months ago #173163 by marnie
Replied by marnie on topic PIP questions
Thanks for your kind words. I don't think a home assessment would work for me because I wont let anyone into the house unless I know them very well. Id feel like they were invading me and wanted to snoop and even with someone with me I would feel unsafe and angry. I've been on DLA for many years and had a life award - its really upsetting that they can change the goalposts like this.
If I don't have a paper assessment I'll just have to close the claim as I cant cope with their interrogation. I'm seeing my GP on Friday.
I really hope all goes well for your son. x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.