× Members

Looking After Children and PIP

More
7 years 5 months ago #173068 by shell7088
Looking After Children and PIP was created by shell7088
Can anyone help please? I'm rapidly running out of time with my PIP application. I have a 4 year old. Would it be detrimental to make any reference to them on eg the diary sheets which I'm going to send too? I have applied when he was a baby and the whole application seemed to then revolve around how come I could look after him yet not myself. Would you suggest not mentioning him or would that suggest I'm lying or hiding something as obviously I care for him the best I am able?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #173087 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Looking After Children and PIP
Hi Shell and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I will admit that this is a difficult one. You will be awarded points against the PIP descriptors for things you can/cannot do for yourself. There will be more allowance given for the things you cannot manage for the children.

However, there is certainly the argument that you can't be that bad if you can do things for your children - as if people with disabilities do not/should not have children! :angry:

I suggest you read our PIP guide thoroughly and mention the children only for descriptors where it is relevant. In these cases you should explain the 'work-arounds' that you have devised to allow you to do things for your family.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easilym in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.