× Members

Pip Success

More
7 years 4 months ago #174655 by blobfish
Pip Success was created by blobfish
Just wanted to share my jourey with you all. I was previously on DLA, (middle rate care/higher rate mobility) and was extremely anxious about my PIP transfer, especially with regard to the possibility of losing my Motability car.
After meticulously completing the application form, including 7 additional pages detailing how my conditions affect me, and listing names of care professionals and my medications, With the application daeadline rapidly approaching I telephoned explaining form filling was difficult for me and they gave me a further two weeks to submit my application. I was invited for a 'face to face' assessment at my local hospital about four weeks later.
The Atos assessor was really pleasant and complimented me on the quality of the supporting evidence. I was asked again about my conditions and daily life and my wife was invited to comment also. A brief physical assesment was undertaken but I was not required to complete all the activities, as she said it was not necessary and was not aimed to cause me further discomfort.
We nervously awaited the decision, which took about 6 weeks - I was awarded 12 points for my mobility (enhanced rate) and 11 points for daily living (standard rate). Looking at how the points were awarded I noted that the food preparation section did not refer to my 'falls' in any way. Rather it implied I was able to prepare a simple meal using aids, but did not elaborate.
Rather reluctantly I was persuaded by my wife, who has meticulously studied your guides to request Mandatory Reconsideration, as the threshold was 12 points. Again I was very fearful this might affect the mobility decision also, but I provided a further 2 pages explaining the risks I face when dealing with hot food etc and the balance issues and falls I suffer almost daily had not been addressed at all.
Today I received the decision that I require supervision/ assistance and 4 points had been awarded for this activity taking my total to 13 points! I have now been awarded enhanced rate for both until Nov 2020 and am delighted.
I want to give a big thanks to all those associated with this site. I would recommend that anyone making an application takes time to read as much information and thoroughly complete the initial application with as much detail as possible and if they do not agree with the award decision to seriously consider Mandatory Reconsideration. Whilst it has been quite stressful and lengthy it has been worthwhile. Good luck to you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #174687 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Success
blobfish

Congratulations on the award and well done to your wife for the MR :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.