× Members

PIP review - medical assessment at home

More
7 years 4 months ago #176472 by Gilbey
Evening all, I have my review assessment tomorrow, having only had my first assessment earlier this year, to have the review so soon was bad enough, I filled in the form as best I could, and waited for the decision.

I then received a letter to say that they were coming to visit me at home in 10 days time, I had to call to change the appt as my husband was not able to be with me on the date they had given. That in its self was a challenge with the questions as to why I could not make that date and time and then had to wait for someone to call me back.

I am dreading the assessment again, scared of what the result may be, evening though since the initial assessment and decision, my health has deteriorated dramatically, being diagnosed with 3 conditions non of which will go away, having more different medications in addition to the ones I was already on, and having an open wound for a considerable time, yet they still want to come to my home. Makes me feel unbelived and that they are trying to catch me out.

Anyone had any experieices of home visits and any tips or things to expect or look for?

Feeling very concerned and stressed over it all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176486 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review - medical assessment at home
Gilbey

Home assessment for PIP are not dissimilar to the ones carried out at the Assessment Provider's offices, there's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.