× Members

ESA stopped and told I have been overpaid - help!!

More
6 years 10 months ago #192667 by Judy
Sorry to butt in on an old thread but thought I should mention what happened to me, I was called in for an appliance interview and when I got there they locked me in a room and said This is actually an interview under caution. And that if they tell people it's an interview under caution they won't turn up.
I was so relieved I hadn't actually done anything wrong and to get out of there, but feel this is very wrong thing to do to some people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192672 by Gordon
Jody

I hope you made a formal complaint to the DWP, people attending an IUC are entitled to legal representation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #192677 by judethepud
Judy, my so-called 'compliance interview', which was a phone call, was a joke. A very nice man rang, said it seemed (from the paperwork he'd been given) that I'd been overpaid. I said I had. He said, 'Oh, you know!' He then apologised and said communication between departments was very poor. He apologised for wasting my time and said he would ask the DWP what was happening!
This leads on to my recent post in a new thread, Gordon. Sorry for the muddle!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.