× Members

PIP for hemiplegic migraine

More
7 years 5 days ago #185354 by Kimbychick
PIP for hemiplegic migraine was created by Kimbychick
I just wanted to ask if anyone has received PIP for Hemiplegic Migraine? I am affected by this along with a couple of other conditions.

I was refused PIP and sent a MR explaining my migraine in more detail and how it affects my daily life. I'm not very confident but just want to hear if anyone has been in the same position as me?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #203053 by BlonDee247
Replied by BlonDee247 on topic PIP for hemiplegic migraine
Hi
I assist one of my clients who suffers with Hemiplegic Migraines and she was initially awarded enhanced rate care which since her review assessment has been reduced to standard.
I am currently arguing the decision to reduce her award.
Keep a diary of the attacks; their frequency; severity; how long they last etc and base your application on the affects prior to, during and after the attacks.
I also obtained supporting statements from those closest to her that witnessed and supported he through them.
With the law change relating to 'risk of harm' CPIP/1599/2016 this should also help as the attacks can be w/o warning and a severe risk to the claimants safety, as with epilepsy, so you could be awarded points which were previously not given.
Hope that helps if still in the claiming process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.