× Members

Good News - ESA SG

More
7 years 1 week ago #189274 by sjdh75
Good News - ESA SG was created by sjdh75
Hello everyone. I found out yesterday (through phoning the ESA helpline) that I have been put in the support group for 18 months. I still haven't had the letter but l, wonderfully, my backdated money appeared in my bank accout today. I want to thank Benefits and Work and particularly Gordon whose support has been invaluable. I had my WCA 2 weeks ago. I had been waiting nearly 2 years for my assessment (the long delay was due to an administrative error). in the month leading up to my face to face assessment I was sick with worry, could think of nothing but the assessment and couldn't sleep. I was an absolute nervous wreck on the day and I was terrified of (after all the terrible experiences many people have had with their WCA) being declared fit for work. I saw a real doctor and she was really lovely (I was worried that it was maybe a trick). I was in the assessment for about 40 minutes. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sleep apnoea, depression, chronic lower back and pelvic pain, prolapses and B12 deficiency. I have been very lucky to have such a good experience and to have a fully qualified doctor to assess me that was genuinely empathetic and respectful. I wish that everyone had the same experience as me. I am so relieved and I woild like to wish everyone going for their assessments ESA or PIP, all the best of luck. I had a lovely assessor too last year for my PIP claim (after severe stress and worry before the assessment) and I was awarded higher rate care and standard mobility. The last two years has been very traumatic and resulted in a deterioration in my mental health and my ability to cope with my physical conditions including chronic pain. I am very fortunate to have had postivie outcomes in both cases and I am grateful for that but I spoke to really horrible people on dwp helplines along the way that talked to me like I was nothing and I ended up sobbing and feeling worthless. I don't think I could've coped with tribunals. Just hope I cam have a little peace now for a year before it all starts again. Anyway, sorry for the mega long post - good luck everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #189282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Good News - ESA SG
sjdh

Congratulations, I'm very pleased for you.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 week ago #189286 by sjdh75
Replied by sjdh75 on topic Good News - ESA SG
Thank you Gordon. The work you do is amazing. A thousand thanks is not enough. Feel like I can breathe again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris