× Members

not sure what to do!

More
6 years 10 months ago #192524 by Pam
not sure what to do! was created by Pam
Hi. I wonder if you can help me please. My PIP application was turned down and I sent in a request for an appeal about 2 weeks ago. I don't know how long I would have to wait for the appeal to take place and the outcome. I have been asked to return my Motability care either in mid July (2 weeks time) or in November. I work full time and I am 100 percent reliant on my Motability car. Without my car I will be housebound. I know that if I buy my car (will have to borrow the money) and my appeal is successful, I wont be able to go back onto the scheme for 6 months and I will have the hassle of selling the car. If I wait until November, I have no guarantee that I will have had the appeal by then and been successful. What should I do? How soon can I expect the appeal to take place? What is the current rate of winning the appeal? I would appreciate having your response. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192560 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic not sure what to do!
Pam

Statistically the success rate for PIP appeals is just over 65%, it's probably higher for Oral hearing and is certainly less for Paper ones. Be careful of relying on this though, as this information applies to 100s, probably 1000s of appeals and this does not translate well to an individual claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #192611 by Pam
Replied by Pam on topic not sure what to do!
Thank you for your response, Gordon. I have to return my car in less than 2 weeks time. This is so daunting for me. How likely is it for me to have the result of my appeal by mid November? I know this is not an easy question to ask! It is so difficult for me to purchase the car now so I'd rather keep it until November so that I can go to work. But my dilemma is that if I keep it till then and I still haven't heard at that time, I will also lose some of the money motability is offering. So my question is when should I expect to have the outcome of the appeal? Thank you.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192638 by Gordon
Pam

Contact the Tribunal Service they should be able to give you an idea of waiting times for your area, you also need to factor in that it can take the DWP 5-8 weeks to put a Tribunal Decision into payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #192684 by Pam
Replied by Pam on topic not sure what to do!
Thank you very much, Gordon. I will do that. My understanding is that if my appeal is successful before the date I have in November to return the car, then my Motability scheme will continue without any interruption. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Thanks
Pam

More
6 years 10 months ago #192716 by Gordon

Pam wrote: Thank you very much, Gordon. I will do that. My understanding is that if my appeal is successful before the date I have in November to return the car, then my Motability scheme will continue without any interruption. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Thanks
Pam

I'm sorry but I can't comment, this is a contract between you an Motability, you need to check with them how they will handle the situation.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.