× Members

LVH

More
6 years 10 months ago #192666 by danny mcalinden
LVH was created by danny mcalinden
I'm just wondering , I have been diagnosed with LVH ( left ventricle hypertrophy ) would this make any difference to my current dla appeal or if I get turned down should I reapply adding this to my current health problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LVH
D

Your appeal can only consider your conditions as they were at the time of the Decision being appealed, so you will need show that this new diagnosis affected you at that time, assuming this was the case, you also need any new evidence that you have about this diagnosis to be clear that it applied to you on the Decision date, if you can't do this then it is likely that the panel will exclude the change from it's deliberations.

If you appeal is unsuccessful, then you can make a new claim immediately.

If an award is made, but less than you believe you deserve then you can report a Change of Circumstances due to a new condition, but before you do look at the PIP Descriptors, there is no point asking to be reassessed if you can't score the extra points that you need for a higher award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: danny mcalinden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.