× Members

ESA medical

More
6 years 10 months ago #192694 by rodney
ESA medical was created by rodney
Last year my wife was granted ESA at the full amount and was placed in a support group. Then about 4 months later she received an appointment for a medical in relation to her application, which I couldn't understand. I phoned, this is the most stressful part because the call handlers in my experience can be obstructive. I am not one of those Mr Angry customers I am persistent. I was referred back to DWP but they explained the contract is with the independent body granted the contract. The next supervisor trotted out the company line "every one has to have a medical" I got through to Customer services despite being told 'they will say the same' However they didn't. My wife has a certificate from her Consultant who signed a DWP lifelong condition form which was originally submitted two years ago. I resubmitted all the evidence including the DWP GP's form which had not been returned by the surgery! It transpired that the medical assessment team were that far behind that they were granting ESA at the previous rate and then calling people in once they had caught up! My wife did not have to go for a medical after the resubmission of forms including the GP's. My advice get through to a customer services keep calm and ask what is missing from the medical evidence. Can't guarantee that your medical will not take place but at least you will have a better understanding of the reason for going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.