× Members

PIP mandatory review. Award period reduced.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192711 by philwalker_wba
PIP mandatory review. Award period reduced. was created by philwalker_wba
My wife was on DLA until March of this year. She had higher mobility which was reduced to standard ,(10 points). She was also awarded standard care (9 points). They said the assessed she could among other things cook a meal. We explained very carefully the I had stopped her cooking three years previously when she became a danger to herself and others, giving lots of examples to support this. So on this and other points we asked for a mandatory assessment. The points didn't change but the award in march 17 was to last to march 2022, has now been changed to June 14th 2017 (yes that date had gone and the said the decision was sent to us in May. We haven't received a lettrt and the are supposed to confirm 3 months before the end date to ensure we can apply again. We only found out because they stopped my carets allowance and it was them who did me pip had been stopped. Waiting for a phone call within 24 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192745 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory review. Award period reduced.
philwalker_wba

When did you receive notification that the award length had been changed?

Assuming there was time, have you taken any action about the award length, for example an appeal?

You obviously need to speak to the DWP, but one obvious question is how they could make an award for three months when PIP requires there to be a reasonable expectation of the claimants current limitations lasting for a further nine months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.