× Members

why send this letter? So unfair :(

More
6 years 10 months ago #192721 by Vixie
why send this letter? So unfair :( was created by Vixie
Really really thought for a moment I'd somehow managed to get into the support group.
I was in the support group for ESA, had the WCA forms to fill out, sent them back mid May and haven't heard anything since. Been waiting for the dreaded letter to arrive ever since.
Today I got a letter from DWP dated June 30th, just "A Change In The ESA Rate Payable" letter, but because it says

"this is because of: a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the support group"

I cried with relief and had a few moments of happiness until I thought about it properly. This is just one of the usual letters you get every now and then, not an actual decision letter. Am absolutely gutted, I thought it was too good to be true. How can one letter bring so much joy, briefly, followed by feeling like you've been run over by a lorry?

Back to waiting for the dreaded dreaded decision letter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic why send this letter? So unfair :(
Vixie

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid you are likely still waiting for an assessment Decision, there are still considerable delays in this part of the process and six month waits are not unusual.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.