× Members

PIP assessment

More
6 years 10 months ago #192761 by MoJo
PIP assessment was created by MoJo
Just wanted to vent that I asked for a reconsideration of my mobility component after getting DLA for several years with a degenerating condition and having my mobility element cut by PIP. Have not had the energy to appeal as i'm in and out of hospital fighting cancer. The thing that angered me was that, having been in bed for 10days before the assessment, my sons settled me on the sofa for the visit, I never moved from this position during the assessment, but in the letter rejecting my reconsideration request, this woman said she observed me walking with a stick etc. Me and my sons know these statements to be utterly untrue and I m going to contact my local MP about it when I am feeling stronger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #192774 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
Mojo

You can make a Late request for an MR up to 13 months after the Decision providing you can show Good Cause for the delay, your being ill may be accepted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.