× Members

DLA to PIP transfer complete mess!!

More
6 years 6 months ago #198888 by fwlanza
Replied by fwlanza on topic DLA to PIP transfer complete mess!!
UPDATE TODAY

Just had a phone call from Denise in complaints dept at IAS(Atos). she spoke to IAS medical dept, and someone had phones my GP last friday, and based on that and my medical evidence, a PBR has been completed and my conditions and difficulties that I explained in my questionnaire are deemed consistent with my medical conditions.
The report is being Quality audited as we speak and will be sent to DWP wishing 24 hours.
So hewers hoping I will be reinstated enhanced care/Mobility soon.
Now just a matter of my ESA support group reassessment as ESA runs out early Jan!!!
It better go smoother than this LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP transfer complete mess!!
Fred

Well done, that's terrific news.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fwlanza

More
6 years 6 months ago #198930 by fwlanza
Also had a reply from local MP who has written a letter and forwarded my email to MP PIP enquiries correspondence address and has asked to be kept informed of how things process. Have replied to him detailing above update. It might not mean much but nice to get a reply and some support quite quickly

More
6 years 6 months ago #198962 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP transfer complete mess!!
Thanks for the update!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #199022 by Fluffyowl
Replied by Fluffyowl on topic DLA to PIP transfer complete mess!!
Hello, you are not alone in this situation, I am currently suffering something very similar, only I am now having to take it to tribunal and will lose my car in January rendering me completely housebound because there is a six month waiting time for a hearing.
My HP's report is a tale of fiction and the DM has based their decision wholly on this and not the evidence submitted right up to the appeal officer's reply to the court.
I have made formal complaints to both ATOS and DWP and am awaiting their responses.
In my case both ATOS and the DWP have consistently broken the law under the Equality Act 2010 and the PIP regulations, however both Departments have denied this.
I have what you would call invisible health conditions, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, both of which are little understood by the medical profession let alone a "so called health professional" from Poland whose grasp of English was poor to say the least and was clearly not qualified to assess me.
I was given no points to start with and then at reconsideration I was awarded standard rate daily living but nothing for mobility, having had low rate care and higher rate mobility indefinitely on DLA.
So now it's a waiting game for a hearing date.
All I can say is keep fighting and know that you are not alone there are many of us in the same boat. Good luck and I hope you get what you are entitled to very soon.

More
6 years 6 months ago #199073 by fwlanza
Hi Fluffyowl
So sorry to hear about your situation. These situations should not be happening. The Atos health professionals are not up to the standard required to produce a professional medical assessment and Atos should be held to account. Also, the DWP case managers also do not seem to be following the legally laid out procedures for the process of awarding a decision.
I found a couple of their guides for decision makers & health professionals which may help put together a case for appeal.
If I am allowed to post them here, they are as follows

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/223978/re...%20Guidance.pdf.html

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...assessment-guide.pdf

I found them useful as a tool to write up my formal complaint to Atos and my mandatory reconsideration to DWP.
I hope you too get some justice and have your mobility reinstated. I too have fibromyalgia along with heart condition, bipolar & type II diabetes and have found the stress of the last 15 weeks has left me running on empty now.
Take care and let us know how you get on
Fred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alikris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.