× Members

ESA Assessment Palava

More
6 years 6 months ago #199178 by bawbag mctavish
ESA Assessment Palava was created by bawbag mctavish
HI there folks,
It’s been quite a while since I’ve been here, years in fact and for that I apologise.
Please let me share my experience with you.

On 23/03/16 my completed ESA50 was sent. I had been asking for a home visit if I were required to attend a face 2 face. Eventually the authorise this.
One year later on 23/03/17 I finaly got my assessment at home. Yes, one year later, to the day.
A month later, on 25th April I received a phone call from some one representing the DWP to inform me the I’ll be receiving phone call in two days time.
I got the phone call as promised. I was told that I had only 12 points and that I’ve been deemed fit for work. I was advised to claim UC without delay. I decided to wait and get some advice. The urgency that I claim UC got me suspicious and when I enquired about mandatory reconsideration she talked over me and wasn’t interested, clearly.
A few hours later the DWP called again, It was the same person. There had been error, she tells me. I’ve been assessed on physical descriptor only. My claim on mental health grounds hadn’t bean taken into account and a decision couldn’t be made at this time. I waited for the phone call that never came
Two days ago, 10/10/17, I got a letter from the advisory service. I’m to have another assessment at home on the 12th. This I could’t believe. I want a companion to sit in. so I called them to arrange another visit to give me some time as two days notice isn’t enough to arrange a companion and he postponed the visit.
I asked why I’m having another assessment 6 months after the last one. He was having a look at my file when I heard mumbling, “ ….. not fit for purpose, mumble, mumble…”. I wonder what he was referring to?
I can’t help being suspicious. What carry on!
Well, that’s my story so far. Watch this spaced and it’s me to wait again… I’m on the verge of a breakdown with the worry. It’s been 18 months of waiting on a decision with my nerves in tatters. I’ve got no fingernails left and now I’m on to biting my skin till my fingers are bleeding.
I’m not making this up. It’s now 2:15 am,I’m wide awake and nibbling at my fingers.
Thank you for taking the time to read.
BM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #199191 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment Palava
bawbag

I would take what you have been told as being factual, we regularly see members with mental health problems reporting that they have been assessed by a physiotherapist with virtually no experience of mental health issues, so it's perfectly possible that your report did not address the mental health Descriptors.

If the relevant questions were not even asked at your original assessment then it would require a second one for a more accurate report to be produced.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bawbag mctavish

More
6 years 6 months ago #199201 by bawbag mctavish
Replied by bawbag mctavish on topic ESA Assessment Palava
Hi Gordon, thanks for responding.
At my assessment the doctor quizzed me a length. He was prompting me most of the time, suggesting answers to his questions. It was mainly on my mental health and very little on my physical claim.

More
6 years 6 months ago #199203 by Gordon

bawbag wrote: Hi Gordon, thanks for responding.
At my assessment the doctor quizzed me a length. He was prompting me most of the time, suggesting answers to his questions. It was mainly on my mental health and very little on my physical claim.

From what you say you have been told, even if they asked the questions, they did not record the answers in any way that could be used..

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #205947 by bawbag mctavish
Replied by bawbag mctavish on topic ESA Assessment Palava
Hi,I have an update …
My second WCA home visit went as well as can be. The doctor was pleasantly sympathetic,which helped, and I had a friend with me this time. (My friend answered the door when the doc arrived saving me from moving).
A week before Christmas a brown envelope arrived and to my delight they’ve placed me in Support Group. Lovely Christmas present.
I’ve been able to relax my nerves and grow some fingernails.
Thank you B&W for the advice and guides. I’ll be keeping up with my subscription for sure.

John :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #205997 by Gordon
bawbag

Very pleased for you, well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @ESA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.