× Members

Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA

More
6 years 5 months ago #199763 by carole
I haven't had a reassessment for ESA since 2012, with a racing heart i rang the call centre to be told my next assessment will be june 2018. Bit of breathing space at least.

I also have a query re UC, i feel i should try and get my head around it as my area went live this month. Any idea when people on ESA will be transferred over and my concern is have heard that the SDP is not payable in UC is there any transitional protection for those already getting this payment with ESA.

Thanks as always for the invaluable support given

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #199779 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA
Hi Carole,

You won't need to worry about UC yet until/unless you need to apply for an income-related benefit (such as housing benefit) and live in a full UC area.

There are no plans to automatically move ESA claimants onto UC until at least 2019 - and we doubt it will happen then, considering how far behind schedule they are!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: carole

More
6 years 5 months ago #199792 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, i am already on income related housing benefit so does that mean things will just continue the same for the time being.

I always considered myself fairly intelligent but when it comes to all these changes/dwp my brain seems to go to mush.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #199795 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA
You are certainly not alone Carole, I have to keep referring to Gordon's posts to remind myself of how UC works! :blush:

AS I understand it, your claim will continue as it is for the foreseeable future.

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 5 months ago #199800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA
Carole

It would only be a problem if you move from one Local Authority to another as this would necessitate a new claim for Housing Benefit.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: carole, slugsta

More
6 years 5 months ago #199825 by glimpy123
Replied by glimpy123 on topic Rang DWP for date of next reassessment ESA
Dear Mrs Hurtyback,

When you say "there are no plans to automatically move ESA claimants onto UC until at least 2019 ...", does this mean that existing ESA claimants will not have to make a claim for UC - the DWP will, in fact, transfer all of their details on to the new benefit?

Also, regarding HB. If you are an existing HB claimant, and you move from one rented property to another within the same full UC Local Authority, can you still claim HB or do you have to claim UC?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.