× Members

ESA and universal credit

More
6 years 7 months ago #200375 by Marie
ESA and universal credit was created by Marie
Advice wanted. My son has severa learning disabilities and gets income based esa when universal credit takes over from this will my income be assessed or will he carry on getting his own benifits? He lives with me full time and I work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and universal credit

Marie wrote: Advice wanted. My son has severa learning disabilities and gets income based esa when universal credit takes over from this will my income be assessed or will he carry on getting his own benifits? He lives with me full time and I work.

Existing ESA claimants are scheduled to be moved to UC and New ESA sometime in 2019 although this date seems optimistic given the problems with UC.

At this time it is not clear how the transfer will be done, it could be an administrative process or it could coincide with a future assessment, we won't know until the relevant legislation is published which is not likely to be done in the near future.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.