× Members

esa payment slightly reduced

More
6 years 7 months ago #201017 by Peter Parker
Replied by Peter Parker on topic esa payment slightly reduced
Thanks Gordon, I called DWP and that seems to be the case that I will receive Severe Disability still.. The call to DWP was interesting, I asked if a mistake had been made regarding being moved from Support Group to WRAG and the abrasive lady I spoke to on the phone was trying to convince me to not bother challenging it, although she did put it slightly better than that. I asked for my medical report as I know I meet 3 descriptors for the Support Group. I am not sure what their issue is as I didn't have any issues for years and then all of a sudden two ESA assessments exactly a year apart and both times putting me in WRAG. I won last time by tribunal despite not going to it. Not sure about this time though. I'll have to wait and see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #201020 by Peter Parker
Replied by Peter Parker on topic esa payment slightly reduced
Another thing the DWP lady mentioned was that as she put it 'Nobody stays in the ESA Group anymore'. Not sure what she meant by that. She also mentioned that my new benefit amount is good, which I took as if she was trying to bargain with me to not go ahead with Mandatory Reconsideration and tribunal. I rightly or wrongly look at WRAG as a short term recovery group which aims to put people back into JSA rather than ESA. I do hope I am wrong about my last sentence as that could spell financial ruin for those truly in need.

More
6 years 7 months ago #201046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa payment slightly reduced
Peter

Ignore the person you spoke to on the phone, they are talking c***.

Providing you continue to meet the criteria for the WRAG you will continue to receive the WRAG rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Parker

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.