× Members

ESA face to face medical

More
6 years 7 months ago #200923 by Wilderbeast 66
ESA face to face medical was created by Wilderbeast 66
Hi guys havnt been on for a while but again its renewal time and great news i have been found fit for work again! BARGAIN!!!
When i was about to have my face to face a lady asked me if i actually had nerve damage and i replied yes... she said that i would have to be seen by a proper doctor. I was informed that there wasnt one on duty today and i would have to make another appointment. (this used to be the case as i remember coming acorss this problem a few years back) does this rule still apply does anyone know? I then had to wait for an hour, then was seen by a gentleman who just announced himslef as a HCVP? He advised me that i could appeal the decision that was made so i knew from that, i was going to be found fit for work once again. I'm about to write my letter for mandatory reassessment but was wondering on the Doctor for spinal /nerve damage thingy...... anyone know if that ruling is still valid or applicable?

Many thanks

Cliff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200952 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA face to face medical
Wilderbeast

As far as we know a requirement for a doctor has been included in the procedures for Maximus as it was when ATOS were doing ESA assessments, but it is important to understand that this is not a legal requirement nor one that the claimant can insist upon.

Nor can you assume that any assessment report is sub-standard because you were not assessed by a doctor, assuming that you weren't, you will need to show by specific example that the report is inadequate and that this is because the assessor did not have the necessary knowledge to properly evaluate your conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #201069 by Wilderbeast 66
Replied by Wilderbeast 66 on topic ESA face to face medical
Thanks for the advice Gordon ..... I’m going on the line of I am in constant pain hence the morphine in my prescription. If all else fails I may use the Dr later along the line if needs be .... I give up at times having to go through all this again it must cost them more than they are saving for genuine claimants cases..... keep fighting for your rights folks. Once again thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.