× Members

confused pip review

More
6 years 2 months ago #204570 by srhgough
Replied by srhgough on topic confused pip review
hi just got a pa3 through the post ,my husband has 2 points for daily living and 10 for mobility,do dwp normally stick with the points or can they change them. i feel he is in the correct rate for daily living but should have scored more points,the award if successful is for 3 years,Should i inform dwp that i feel he is in the correct band for daily living but has been underscored, just so they have it in writing for two years time when we no doubt have to endure this process again! Oh by the way we refused two ftf and had the paper based review

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #204589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic confused pip review

sara wrote: hi just got a pa3 through the post ,my husband has 2 points for daily living and 10 for mobility,do dwp normally stick with the points or can they change them. i feel he is in the correct rate for daily living but should have scored more points,the award if successful is for 3 years,Should i inform dwp that i feel he is in the correct band for daily living but has been underscored, just so they have it in writing for two years time when we no doubt have to endure this process again! Oh by the way we refused two ftf and had the paper based review

Forgive me, but I am a little confused by your post, you say your husband only scored two points for the Daily Living component, this is insufficient for an award, so I am surprised that you say that you that it is the correct rate?

Decision Makers can obviously add or reduce the points recommended by the assessor but on the majority of occasions they will follow the points recommended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #204618 by srhgough
Replied by srhgough on topic confused pip review
sorry gordon ,ishould have re-read before posting,it was meant to say 12 points for daily living.

More
6 years 2 months ago #204648 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic confused pip review

sara wrote: sorry gordon ,ishould have re-read before posting,it was meant to say 12 points for daily living.

You can't really do anything until a Decision is made but even then they will only re-visit the Decision if you request an MR, which of course means that the whole award will be reviewed, so if you are actually happy with the award you should think very carefully before doing this as you have nothing financially to gain but are risking a lot.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.