× Members

ESA re assessment

More
6 years 3 months ago #203152 by scarlet harry
ESA re assessment was created by scarlet harry
Just received a capability for work questionnaire to be returned by 10th jan. was previously told am in support group till late summer 2018. Called them to why I was to be reassessed early. Told they have no records of me being told late summer and it’s due now.
I just went through the Dla to pip medical this summer and was successful, enhanced for both categories, but the stress and worry of that process caused a worsening of my symptoms of which I am only starting to recover from. I don’t feel I can cope with another assessment so soon.
Can anything be done ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #203174 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA re assessment
Harry

I'm afraid ESA claims can be reassessed at any time once 3 months have elapsed since the last Decision was made, so I am afraid there is no way for you to avoid this.

This is a full reassessment of your claim so you need to complete the ESA50 in detail and provide evidence in support as you can, even if you have previously submitted it.

Please make use of our ESA Claim guides which detail the criteria against which you are being assessed against and the latest DWP guidance.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.