× Members

Genetic testing result, whether to share with DWP

More
6 years 4 months ago #204084 by Orangeblossom
Hi I wonder if you could help me with something.

I recently had some genetic testing done and it came back with the APOE4 gene associated with alzheimer's disease. This is not a determinant gene but a risk actor and is linked with symptoms at an earlier stage.

I'm not sure whether to mention this as part of my PIP review which is due soon. It is in my medical record as i shared my results with the GP. I am also unsure about sharing my summary medical records which is not available online, via the GP practice, as they have this result in there.

It is not a new condition / diagnosis as such but may explain some of my symptoms. Any advice welcome. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #204110 by Gordon
OB

I don't see any reason to mention it, you are being assessed on the limitations that prevent you reliably completing the PIP activities on the majority of days, from your post the test is not related to your current problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.