× Members

HP Assessment

More
6 years 1 month ago #205810 by SMcF
Replied by SMcF on topic HP Assessment
Thanks Gordon, sorry it is my PIP assessment report. Seems with the replies that here in NI we are being told the wrong information. I will leave it a few days and try again. I was told by my assessor that it's normally 2-4 weeks for a decision but it's more like 8 weeks at the minute.I would like to know what's in the report before the decision if possible .. Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #205835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic HP Assessment
SMcF

There are no Regulations preventing release of the report but claimants are dependant on the DWP releasing the information.

Two things;

You can ask on what basis the report is being withheld and specifically the Regaulations that allow them to do this.

Secondly, you can make a Subject Access Request, this is a formal request for the information.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #205845 by SMcF
Hi Gordon, def looks like staff are being given the wrong information about releasing the assessment report. Thanks for all your help .

More
6 years 1 month ago #206172 by SMcF
Hi Gordon, I'm just off the phone to DWP again , I ask for a copy of my HP report. I spoke to a lady who straight away said not until the decision is made, I ask why as in England there's no problem getting it sent out. I was told as its a different government in NI it can't be sent out before decisions made. The lady checked and told me the HP report came to them on Friday but it could be weeks before a decision is made?? So long to be in the dark about what the report says..Have you ever heard anything is different in NI ??Thanks

More
6 years 1 month ago #206192 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic HP Assessment
SMcF

All I can reply is that there are no legal reasons why the report cannot be released before the Decision, the PIP legislation in NI is the same as the rest of the UK with the exception of those clauses that out of necessity are specific to the region.

This is departmental policy but that does not make it any easier to argument against, we have a similar problem with ESA reports on the mainland.

Perhaps involve your MP or your Member of Northern Ireland Assembly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #206206 by SMcF
Hi Gordon, thanks for your reply, I honestly think this is the answer the staff are told to give when someone requests their assessment report.They prob think they will be inundated with complaints about it before the decision is made.. Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.