× Members

PIP MRs

More
6 years 4 months ago #205812 by Lima6
PIP MRs was created by Lima6
I had an assessment for DLA to PIP in October, I was on HRC/HRM Indefinitely. When the decision came in November I had been awarded Standard Rate Daily Living (9 points) and Enhanced Rate Mobility. I wasn't very happy about the SRDL so contacted my MPs office and they offered to help with the MR and they contacted the DWP saying submission and additional information to follow.

From the copy of the report it was very obvious that no consideration had been given as to the effect of pain, and the medication for it, has on my ability to do things. The fact that I occasionally drive had been twisted into my being able to do all sorts of things. They also kept referring to my medication being "moderate pain relief" in spite of the fact that on the repeat prescription form I gave them it clearly states "for severe pain only". I went to my GP for a letter only to be a wee bit disheartened as she only wrote about a dozen lines . Handed everything into the MPs office for posting in plenty of time allowing for Christmas post as the return date was Boxing Day.

I received a letter from DWP dated 3 Jan in which they said that as they hadn't received anything additional they could only go with what they had already and the award was remaining the same - although they did come up with some other creative ways to use the fact I drive against me! When I phoned my MP to tell them about this they had just been going to call me to say that they had received all the paperwork now and would do another MR based on that.

I have now received the decision on the second MR and that 12 line letter that I was so disappointed in was enough for the Decision Maker to ". . . refer your GP letter to ATOS Healthcare for professional medical advice." The result of that was my Daily Living score went from 9 to 20 points and this time the DM never even mentioned driving once! So I am now on Enhanced Rate for both Components until 2023 (by that time Scotland will have their own version of PIP).

The B&W PIP Guides are an invaluable tool for anyone making a claim or appealing decisions for PIP. I am now using them to put together the paperwork for hubby's transfer from DLA to PIP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gillyk59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #205839 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic PIP MRs
Hello Lima6

Congratulations on challenging and winning at the MR stage. Good luck with your hubby's DLA to PIP transfer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by gillyk59.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lima6

More
6 years 4 months ago #205843 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MRs
Lima

Congratulations on the award, well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lima6

More
6 years 2 months ago #209136 by Lydia Abram
Replied by Lydia Abram on topic PIP MRs
Hey,

Just read your post, they pulled me up about driving a manual car on my MR too. I’ve just received my letter saying I will have to appeal. I wrote to my MP who send me a letter saying they’d written to them about it and to wait for a reply.

Just wondering what u put in your letter/call to MP. As the appeal process is months and we desperately need the help now I wanted to avoid the appeal of possible. Any tips?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.