× Members

Face 2 Face with wheelchair

More
6 years 2 months ago #205889 by tonisdad
Face 2 Face with wheelchair was created by tonisdad
Took mate to F2F PIP review today in their wheelchair,they are not wheelchair bound and nothing was filled in on the forms to infer they were.
They were armed with walking stick in the expectation they would be asked to hobble over to examination couch at some point.
When we entered room I asked if they should get in seat near desk or just stay put.
Just stay put was the reply.
Mate was interrogated but never asked to leave wheelchair,never asked to raise arms legs or nothing. Assume HP must have been physiotherapist as did some strength tests on fingers and the squeeze my hands routine?? That was it physical wise.
So how are they going to report on physical side of things??
No change was entered to all questions on review form..mate said he could not be bothered when filling form in.
He is currently receiving higher rate mobility so not sure if not being asked to get out of wheelchair is good/bad thing.Anybody else have experience?
One strange sentence was when HP said Oh that occupation begins with* mate quickly replied no it begins with *.
This was an occupation that I would have thought a half intelligent person would have known how to spell.....So when we got outside and mate said was he thick he can`t spell that...I said I don`t know but you are because you walked straight into his trap. Thankfully communicating and understanding symbols signs etc do not form part of his claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #205905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face 2 Face with wheelchair
tonisdad

I've given up second guessing assessments, they should receive a Decision in about 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.